Marketing campaign planning
In todays’ post we’re going to show you techniques and examples of how to plan and execute effective integrated marketing campaigns to attract more potential buyers/visitors to your sites, allowing them to engage with your brand.
Marketing Campaign Planning – A Quick Guide
Marketing campaign planning success factors:
“If you build it, they will come“.
This famous line proved true in the 1989 movie Field of Dreams, but unfortunately, it doesn’t apply to gaining sales on any of your platforms, whether they’re via your
- Desktop site
- Mobile site
- Social Media Pages
- Or offline channels
If you want to maximize the reach of online campaigns to acquire new customers online you have to work hard to master the full range of RELEVANT online and offline marketing communications tools or digital media channels. (We recommend staying up-to-date on any new updates as well, Google is well known for these updates too.)
A great starting point for improving your traffic is reviewing your current mix of traffic using the standard last-click approach. If you’re investing a large amount of money (marketing budget) in media or social ads and have a complex product involving multiple touch points and visits to your site then media attribution will be important.
Key issues to consider while campaign planning
We believe that a good marketing campaign plan should be structured around these six areas. There are plenty of templates out there that can make the organization of the planning easy and a place where your whole team can have access to complete different projects.
- Goal setting and tracking– which specific goals should be set for online campaigns and how do we measure success? What response mechanisms will be most effective?
- Campaign insight– which data about customer and competitor behavior is available to inform the campaign?
- Segmentation and targeting– how can we target and reach our different audiences?
- Offer and message development– how do we specify our offer and key messages?
- Budgeting and selecting the digital media mix– how should we set the budget and invest in different forms of digital media?
- Integration into overall media schedule or plan– how should we plan the media schedule which incorporates different waves of online and offline communications?
Marketing campaign planning definition
Integrated campaign planning involves selecting the right mix of these marketing tools or channels to reach and influence your audience and to meet your campaign objectives. Remember that in order to have any campaign be a success, you need the right concept that will engage your audience (if you’ve already established one) and be shareable. Make sure to have a fun and enjoyable campaign so that your targeted audience wants to be involved and interact on your different social media platforms.
We realize that this post is all about planning so we thought we’d share some of our favorite project management/online collaboration tools to help you and your team with the organization of it. Below are some of our favorite tools that offer different feature.
- Base Camp (https://basecamp.com/)
- Trello (https://trello.com/)
- Wunderlist (https://www.wunderlist.com/)
- Asana (https://asana.com/)
Just remember that these are some tools that WE like and you’ll have to check them out for yourself to decide which is your favorite.